Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crazy Kinley!

Why is it that kids do the craziest things when you are in a hurry? Last wednesday I was in a hurry and Kinley was not. Jeremy was in Cedar City and needed me to bring him his hunting gear so he could try one last time to get an elk. I was trying to get my kids ready (feeding and diaper changes), get the diaper bag packed, get Jeremy's stuff together and go pick up Travis all in one hours time.

As I was doing all this Kinley was in my room being entertained by the TV when I heard her yell that her eye was hurting and she had something in it. I told her I would be up in just a minute. My minute took too long so Kinley made her way downstairs to me. What a mess!! As I saw her coming down the stairs I saw both hands and her face COVERED in white lotion. Yep! She was being entertained by my lotion not the TV. I instantly started laughing and headed for the camcorder. This is too cute to pass up. Kinley was mad. She didn't want it to be forever documented that she made such a mess. She was probably also mad because she couldn't see out her right eye. I taped her for a few minutes then took a few still camera shots and we headed for the bathtub. Like I had time to give her a bath!

I cleaned her up quickly as Ty continued screaming downstairs. Then I left her in the tub for a while so I could finish collecting all our stuff. After a few minutes she said she needed to go pee, we are in the process of potty training. She got out to go pee then I got her dressed and got her hair done again. Finally we were ready to go and still within our time limit. I needed to go to the bathroom real quick then we were on our way. Entering my bathroom I stepped, with my bare feet, right in her puddle of pee! "Are you kidding me right now!" I stopped to clean up the mess then we were really on our way! Life with kids is an adventure!!!

PS. Sorry I don't know how to add pics yet. It was really cute.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are TOO CUTE!! That is the funniest story! Keep them coming! I really want to see photos, though :-) I just realized this morning that I need to update all the blogs I follow and include yours!

Lynnette said...

That is Kinley for you!! She's a hoot! I miss you guys. I am coming home the weekend of the 7th, again for Thanksgiving, and for a week at Christmas. Maybe the weekend of the 7th, I could stop by and see you all! Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you soon!

Ariane said...

That is so funny! Kids really don't have a sense of urgency do they? It seems like that's when they move the slowest. I can't wait to see pictures!

Amberdawn said...

I would have lost it! You must be very patient. I am still looking for some time to call and help with the pictures. If only Kenneth would nap for more than 20 min.