Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm getting there

So as you can see I am learning a little more about blogging. I did manage to finish my profile and I even added a picture of our wedding day!! That is impressive for me. However, in the process my son has gotten so bored he has fallen asleep on my lap. What a good baby.
Today I decided to write a little about the picture I have posted, our wedding day!! I claim to have had 5 best days of my life. My wedding day was the ultimate best because without that 1 wonderful day I would have never had the other 4 great days. The other 4 great days were, in no particular order, the birth of our daughter, the birth of our son, the custody of our other son and the day we were all sealed together in the temple!!!
My wedding day was so wonderful. I woke up in the morning and got my hair done first thing. Then I went to see Jeremy and he surprised me with a gift. It was "something blue". He gave me a ring with a blue stone in it. Then we headed to the Town Hall to rehearse and decorate. That went pretty well but I felt like I was being pulled in a hundred different directions.
Jeremy and I made it a point to go to lunch together. Just the two of us. It was so nice because I needed that time with him to calm back down and reconnect. That day was all about the two of us. We tried not to focus on much else. After lunch we checked into our hotel, got changed into our wedding attire and headed back for pictures.
When pictures were over we went to the basement of the town hall so the guests wouldn't see us before our, or at least my, grand entrance. Those few minutes in the basement were the best of that whole day. My Dad, Jeremy and I were hangin' out down there and they were holding my flowers and make-up bag while I got my hair and make-up touched up. They looked so cute holding all my girly paraphenalia. Then my Dad left and Jeremy and I got a few moments alone. What a wonderful experience. He was in his tux and I was setting on his lap in my wedding dress. We got to share a few thoughts with each other then we just reveled in the pure bliss of true love! I will never forget that moment or the amount of love we share for each other.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

ya! What a nice post! All those long days of planning it paid off and now look how wonderful and happy things are! :) Thanks for looking up my blog! We'll totally be able to keep in touch - especially after this weekend when we can almost yell from your yard to mine and actually hear each other, we'll be SO close! wahoo!

Amberdawn said...

Your family is so cute. Buddy misses Kinley.

Michelle Johnson said...

Hey Suzanne!!!

Nice job on the blog and I'm so glad you sent me an email to look at it. I've added you to my links on my blog! (I hope that's OK) I really liked what you wrote. Congrats on the custody and also on the sealing in the temple. That's AWESOME!!

We are moving BACK to ST. George! Jared is already working back at his old job and we are still in Logan trying to sell the house. Hopefully soon we will all be together down here. Good to be able to connect with you. Keep in touch!!

Cyndi said...

Hey neighbor! I tagged you on my blog, for a fun post. :) It really is a fun one. I had to ask Jon for help on mine. hahaha. I'm looking forward to reading yours! :)