Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We did it!

I officially weened Ty from nursing. I have tried in the past and it was awful but this time it was a success!! It's about time because he is 14 months old today. He has been weened from daytime feedings for 3 or 4 months now but he continued to nurse during the night. It sucked...every 3 hours we would wake up to feed him. I was only awake for 10 to 15 minutes but after a year it wears on you. I have been so tired.

His last day was 5 days ago so we are officially done. I have been in pain but I think I'm over the worst part now and I'm starting to feel better. He is still waking up in the night but only once or twice. We will start working on sleeping through the night and hopefully getting him to sleep in his crib. Yes he still sleeps in a play pen in my bedroom. I know, I know. I have spoiled him rotten. Hopefully the transition to his crib will go smoothly. I am ready for my own space back.

3 comments:

Hopie said...

It gets to that point, doesn't it? Glad you're going ok!!!

Amberdawn said...

Good luck with the transition to the crib and sleeping through the night! When we moved here Kenneth wouldn't sleep. He'd stay awake until like 2am. It took forever to get him to start sleeping through the night, although it was quick going once we found the right method for him.

Congrats on the closure of the boobie buffet! It's nice to have your body back, isn't it!

Lynnette said...

You can do it. Just like you said, one step at a time.