Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rolly polly bugs

I know it's odd for me to write on my blog at all let alone twice in one day. I have to pose the question...are rolly polly bugs really that tasty?? My one year old LOVES to eat them. Seriously. Are they that yummy?

So we have this nice back yard to let our kids run around in. (Ok, it's not that great. It has crappy grass but it is fenced in and they love it out there.) I love to let them go out to enjoy the weather and the freedom to explore. Well lately when Ty goes out he eats rocks and bugs. YUCK! With the rocks I just take them out and tell him again not to eat rocks. "That's yucky and not safe." Yet he continues to do it. But the bugs. That's just gross.

I thought for a minute I should take a picture of the chewed up bug on his tongue to post with this entry then I thought better of it. Just get that yucky bug out of his mouth. I wonder how long this phase is going to last.

6 comments:

Amberdawn said...

Oh that's nasty! Funny though! We eat mud and sticks around here. Must be an iron deficiency! Maybe Ty needs more protien, hahahah!

Cyndi said...

thanks again for today. I'm so glad that we live so close...and that my kids could witness the bug-eating! At least Ty's so cute you can get past the bug tasting just by looking at him! :) You're the greatest.

Hopie said...

I would write a comment, but I'm too busy dry heaving!!!

Lynnette said...

At least it's not worms ;)

Ariane said...

Haha! My sister used to eat them too! Sorry to say, she's a little weird....JK
All part of growing up!

The Palmers said...

I laughed right out loud at the first part! Pyper puts everything in her mouth. The weather up here is not as nice so we have not been out side as much. I'm sure it will be bugs next for her.