Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Thoughts, I'm Thankful

So I have been thinking a lot lately, scary I know. I have been stuck in my house, yet again, with sick kids. I feel so bad for them. Ty is okay. He has a runny nose, boogery eyes and lots of sneezes and coughs but he acts just fine. He still wrestles every chance he gets. But I feel so bad for McKinley....she has been sick with a stomach ache for 4 days. She acts fine in the morning then really sick at night. It's weird.

In being home with the kids a lot I have been thinking about how LUCKY I am. I have had so many friends and family around me going through extremely rough times. We all have hard times but these are extreme. Some have suffered major loss, others serious accidents and some have had every difficult, life threatening, surgeries performed on their loved ones. In knowing this about a lot of my friends I feel extremely lucky to know that we have not been stricken by any of this heartache.

I know I am blessed to have the wonderful life that I do. I am truly blessed to have the children and husband that I have. They are all wonderful! I am thankful every day that they are all with me and we are all happy. I feel privileged to have the gospel in my life! It has made me a better person in every aspect of my life. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the heat in my home. I am thankful for my extended family who love me and support me in all that I do. I am extrememly thankful for the plan of salvation. For the fact that my family is eternal. I am thankful for all the good friends around me. There are many other things that I am thankful for, these are just a few.

I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all my friends and family that are going through hard times. And I want to express my thanks for the wonderful people around me that make my life better. You are the best! I am privileged to be your friend.

2 comments:

Hopie said...

See, and this whole time, I thought it was ME that was being blessed by your friendship!!!! Thanks for giving me something to think about, reasons to be thankful. There are plenty. Love you!!!

Megan said...

so well said, Suzanne. sometimes it takes a pretty serious wake-up call to make us grateful for all our blessings. you are smart to recognize it without a scary reminder! hugs!