Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Assumptions

I found out a few days ago that one of my neighbors has it out for me. There is this old couple that lives a few houses down. I have had three run-ins with the old man and NONE of them have been good. They haven't been horrible but definitely not pleasant.

So last week I was going visiting teaching with a mutual neighbor/friend and she informed me I have reason to be concerned about this old man. Turns out he called her a few weeks back to "Make sure I was okay?" He told her he has driving behind me, I just had my kids in the car and I was laughing hysterically. Anyone that has had a three year old knows that can happen at any given minute with the funny things they say. He didn't come right out and say it but he eluded to the fact that he thinks I have a drug problem.

Needless to say I have been pretty upset about this man and his completely inaccurate assumptions about me. My friend suggested I take the time to get to know him so he can see the true me. I have decided I will not WASTE my time on such a complete jerk. I have better things to do with my time like be a good wife, mother and friend and yes.....laugh about the things in life that bring me joy.

So, man from down the street, you can take your bad attitude and wrong assumptions and shove it!!!!!!! I don't care what you think anymore.

4 comments:

Amberdawn said...

I can not believe you would laugh as you were driving! Geez, can you be any more reckless! Hehehehe! :) He sounds like a real gem of a person!

Heather said...

I pray that that old man never drives behind me! I feel like I'm constantly running over the lines in the road as I reach back for a binkie or to look closely in the rear-view mirror to see what Allie's doing to Brin! Sounds like the cranky old man needs something to do. Maybe you should drop off some cross-word puzzles on his doorstep! Maybe that would keep his mind on his own business!

Kimberly said...

Ha! That is funny. What a cranky old man.

Megan said...

how funny! I can't imagine anyone thinking that of you! He must be exceptionally bored.