Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jam, jam and more jam!

Let's make jam! Prepare to get started!
Had I bought just this many strawberries we would have been great.

This is the beginning process...just before my kitchen was COMPLETELY
taken over by strawberries and jars.

These are ALL the finished jars.
HOLY CRAP ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
There are 31 jars of jam there.

Okay so lesson learned. If you choose to make jam be more prepared for what you are getting in to. I bought 12 pounds of strawberries. I was not thinking. I thought I only had six. Yep, I am a blond. Due to my blond moment we had strawberries out our ears. After over 4 hours, 3 trips to the store, 24 jars and 25 pounds of sugar we got the jam done! Thank you so much to my WONDERFUL husband who is so AMAZING in the kitchen and so PATIENT with me! If it weren't for him this would have been a completely miserable process. Now we have enough jam to last us a few years!!

2 comments:

Hopie said...

WOWZA!!!!

Ariane said...

A few years? That would last me 1 if I was lucky. We love homemade jam. It looks delicious!