Thursday, October 14, 2010

Burnt Bow Tutorial (this is for you, Valerie)

Items needed to get started:
Piece of satin fabric (I was told the cheaper the better)
Scissors, Glue gun, Lighter or match, Candle, Ribbon, Prong clips & Brads
Cut satin into various sized circles.
Light your candle and singe all the way around the fabric.
You do not have to put it in the flame just in the heat.
This is what they look like after burned.
Use the brad to poke through all the layers of fabric from smallest to largest.
After the last piece, open the brad. It will look like this.
Then glue the ribbon covered hair clip onto the back.
Viola!! The finished product!!
Valerie let me know if you have any questions.

2 comments:

Kaysie said...

thanks for posting this! i can totally do this! yay!

Valerie said...

Thanks I just checked my blog- yours looks so cute I tottaly am going to make some of these I will let you know how it goes- I think we are com ing down in Dec- the first part so I hope I can show you some by then- Thanks again your the best!!!