Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Travis ready for his first day as a FRESHMEN!! I love that he is still a good sport about me taking his "first day of school" pictures.


McKinley's first day of Kindergarten. We did a joy school last year so this was the first time she was going to a "real" school. She was excited, I was COMPLETELY nervous.
Standing by her bus. I think the bus gave me more anxiety then school.
And sitting at her desk!
She is so big now.

I had so many emotions yesterday as I sent my baby off to school without me. It was a rough day for me but in the end all was well. She did great and I'm sure knows more about getting to and from home then I give her credit for. I love this little lady. I'm so excited for her to grow up and learn and experience life but it is hard to watch her go.

As a side note: She does know more than I give her credit for. Today (being only the second day of school) "mom of the year" here forgot to pick her up from the bus stop. She walked home by herself, knocked on the door then said, "You made me walk home all by myself?" She wasn't very happy with me.

I am not very happy with myself right now. I want to cry but I know it won't do any good. I'm very upset with myself but also a little upset that the bus driver let her go. I know he has a lot of kids to keep track of and it's my fault not his but I'm still upset. Good think for modern technology, I will be setting an alarm on my phone to remind me from now on.



1 comment:

Heather said...

The bus driver wasn't supposed to let her go. I (being totally paranoid and probably a bit anal) would actually call the district and complain. I think it's different for older kids, but I know for Kindergarteners, the bus drivers are not supposed to let the kids leave the bus stop without an adult. I know you have to give special written permission to have the bus driver allow your child to walk home.
Trust me--you're not the only mom who has forgotten to pick your kiddo up! I can think of a couple of times that I had to pick Allie up at the school because I wasn't at the bus stop on time. She had to ride the entire bus route!
You're are one fantastic Momma! Don't let an "oops" ruin your day!! Love you!!