Monday, August 15, 2011

Seven Peaks

We go to spend the weekend with the Kirkland family at Seven Peaks! My parents, siblings and their kids go every year but this was our first year to join them. We had so much fun! Last time I was there I was pregnant with Ty and Kinley was only 16ish months old so I didn't get to do anything and I have been bitter ever since.

This time was totally different. The kids LOVED the lazy river so we went around that about 100 times. It was great cause the adults took turns with the kids so we all got a chance on the slides. We had so, so, so much fun!!!

I was going to take my camera and take pictures but I just wanted to enjoy the day and not worry about the perfect picture op. So I left the cameras home. However I did take the below pics after we got home. I just had to share my beautiful bruise to prove just how much fun I had! We all came home with a few bumps and bruises but I think mine takes the cake. This beauty measures 11 inches long (yes I got out the ruler) and stretches from my bum to almost my knee. How did this happen you ask???? Let me share the story.

Jeremy and I decided to take the kids down a few of the big slides. This was our first run down. Jeremy went first with Ty on his lap, Kinley and I followed after with her on my lap. Well apparently you are supposed to lay down on this ride and I was sitting up so about half way down we stopped. I tried to lay down but my swim top kept rolling up and stopping us. So I sat up and tried to push us down the slide. As I got to the bottom I saw the look on my family's faces turn from smiles to fear. I know we were about to get hit. Some poor guy slammed into us and pushed us into the water. I just wanted to keep Kinley above water. I didn't care if I was hurt. We got up and the poor guy apologized and asked if we were okay. We were fine. Everyone was worried that it hurt my back but that was fine. I did notice my leg was sore but I didn't think much of it.

A few hours later my two older sisters and I were in line for the same slide when my oldest sister told me I was bruised from butt to toe. I looked down and said, "Oh my gosh that is from when that guy ran into Kinley and I." As the day went on it got darker and darker. So I took a picture that evening. This first picture is about 10 hours after it happened. By the way, don't judge my fat legs.


And this is the beauty today. This one is roughly 48 hours after it happened. I think it's funny how it has lines in it. Almost like his foot rolled my skin as it slid down my leg. It's pretty sore but it was all worth it. I LOVE Seven Peaks!!!I wasn't the only one to escape with battle wounds. Jeremy accidentally did a summer-salt in the lazy river which is only 3 1/2 feet deep so he got "road rash" on his head. Kinley fell and scraped up her knee. And my sister, Cody, got a small cut on her toe. That's all of the wounds that I was aware of.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Glad you had fun! And you totally rock the world's longest bruise!