Monday, May 4, 2009

Cabbage Leaves

Ok so this might be a little personal but I'm ok with that. I don't mind sharing things that are personal and it's my blog so here goes.

I stopped nursing my baby a few weeks ago and I was in MAJOR pain. I was so full and sore. I put a post on facebook asking all my lady friends for some advice on how to relieve some of my pain. I got a lot of awesome responses. A few women suggested I try cabbage leaves. Seriously? I just thought that was a little strange so I did not do it.

After 10 days of being in pain I finally called my doctors office and asked the nurse what I could do. What did she say???? Use cabbage leaves! OH MY GOSH! This is coming from my nurse! She said a lot of lactation consultants are suggesting it because it works so well. So I went to the store a got a head of cabbage.

So I must say cabbage leaves are AWESOME!!! I used them off and on for 3 days. You place them directly on your skin for a few hours and go about your day. Within a few hours I was feeling better. The pain was starting to go away and so was the milk.

It has now been 5 days since I first used them and I feel totally better. They took away the soreness and my milk supply. So now I am back to my usually small breasted self. That is the worst part. I do miss the large breasticles.

So for all of you out there that are, will be, or know a woman that needs relief after nursing may I suggest......CABBAGE LEAVES!!!!

3 comments:

Amberdawn said...

Love it! I never had any problem stopping the boobie buffet, it never hurt. I'm glad you found something that worked, even if it is really odd. How does it work anyway? Odd. My "breasticles" never shrunk back down, either. I wish they had. Oh well, Danni likes it. Hahha

Hopie said...

I'm glad you found "releaf"!!!! HAHAHA!!! That was a good one, huh?

Ariane said...

Wow! I've never heard of that one! You know how to fix the small breast issue don't you?.......Have another one!