Saturday, May 16, 2009

Potty Training Complete!

My wonderful 3 year old McKinley has been potty training off and on for over a year now. I made the mistake of trying to train her before she was 2. I wanted her potty trained before the baby was born...then I gave up. She definately was not ready then.

When Kinley was 2 1/2 we started again. It was a little more successful that time. She has been "day time" potty trained for months now but she has still been wearing pull-ups at night. I tried a few different times to let her sleep in panties during the night and every time she would wake up wet. She just went for two whole weeks waking up with dry pull-ups. So we tried it again. SUCCESS!!!! McKinley has been sleeping for 5 days in panties and waking up dry every morning. She even woke up once in the middle of the night to go potty. GREAT JOB my girl!

No more pull-ups. No more remembering to pack them when we go out of town. No more tears when the ones with two princesses are all gone. No more spending money on something we don't really need. No more baby girl. No more potty training!!!! At least for a year or two!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

YAY! Hooray for you!

Amberdawn said...

Hip hip hooray!!!! Life just got very nice for you!

Lynnette said...

How exciting!!! Yay!

Michelle Johnson said...

OOH I am so jealous of you!!! Mine is still in diapers and has no desire to start. We have started three times and haven't lasted more than a day. So frustrating!! So my hats off to you and congratulations because that's a fabulous accomplishment for you and for her!!
It was sooo good to see you the other day. I really want to get together. I'll let you know when we're coming back.