Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Narrow Escape

Sorry about the sideways picture.
This is my curio cabinet. It has been in this same spot for 5 years.
Until yesterday we never had an issue with it's placement.
During lunch time Jeremy was home playing with the kids.
All three of them, I was tending, were running and laughing.
I was in the kitchen thinking how wonderful it is to hear little children's laughter...
when I heard a loud crash of glass.
I threw the dishes I was cleaning and came running to the living room.
I knew it was either Ty or the little boy I was tending.
When I rounded the corner Rayce was lying in the cabinet face first with his arms outstretched.
Jeremy was already starting to pick him up.
I said over and over, "Please tell me he is okay."
We were both prepared to see lots of blood and have to race him to the ER.

To our surprise!
This is what we saw!!!
This is the adorable face of Rayce!
As you can see there is barely a scratch on the left side of his forehead.
Thank Heaven for little miracles!
There were some glass shards in his hair and on his shirt.
I took him straight to the bathtub to clean him up.
The most traumatic part for him....
getting the shampoo rinsed out of his hair!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! So blessed! Glad everyone was okay!!! I think I held my breath the entire time I read that post!

Amberdawn said...

That's so scary! I'm glad the little guy is okay!

Megan said...

holy heart attack! So glad that it turned out so well!