Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Work & Play



Yesterday I decided to clean my disaster of a house. I spent all day cleaning my butt off. I vacuumed all the carpet and swept and mopped all the linoleum. I also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and cleaned all the kitchen. I picked up a ton of toys, made beds and washed windows. I cleaned all three toilets and wiped down all three bathroom counters. I will admit I avoided the bathtubs cause I hate to clean them. Among all this I also washed, folded and put away five loads of laundry.

Then we moved outside. I watered the plants and sprayed down the stucco. I washed the outside windows and sprayed down the patio. Then I attempted the swimming pool. I was a total slacker last year and I never put the pool back in the garage. The thing just blew around our back yard all winter long....so it was REALLY dirty. It took me quite a while to get it cleaned up. Lesson learned, put pool away this fall. So here it is! Crap, I'm special and I don't know how to move pictures so see the picture above. I cleaned the pool with dish soap, a rag and that tiny scouring pad. I hope my kids appreciate it!

After all the cleaning we had a few hours of fun!! It was overcast and a little cool so there were lots of lady bugs out! We ended up catching 8 of them! We played with the lady bugs and in the pool for a few hours then we let them go and came inside. It was fun cause a few neighbor kids came over to play. All three of the boys were afraid of the lady bugs but Kinley loved them. Ty would scream like a girl when they got near him. Too cute!!!

I love spring! I love seeing my kids have fun! I love St. George! I love a clean house!!!

3 comments:

Valerie and Garrett said...

Pass some of that energy this way, would ya? Great job!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Come on over to my house, it needs a good scrub!

Karen said...

Yeah- we just throw away the old yucky blow up pools and get a new one the next year. I really hate cleaning them.