Monday, May 31, 2010

Ty & I have been sick :(



These are Ty's nasty little eyes. A week and a half ago he woke up with his eyes all gross like this. Jeremy took him to the doctor and he had conjunctivitis. So yuck. We had to get a $50 eye drop prescription but it cleared them up really well.

Three days after that Ty and I woke up with head colds. We were sneezing and had runny noses and watery eyes. We stayed home from church to rest.

The next day I had to take the kids to the doctor for well child visits. Poor Ty was behind on immunizations and got 4 shots in his legs. He handled it pretty well, not much crying. He didn't want to walk for the rest of the day and kept saying, "Ouch! My owies." We doped him up with Tylenol and gave him a nice warm bath and he was all better. Now he is back to normal!!

As for Mommy I'm not back to normal yet. It all stared last sunday with the head cold. I HATE head colds. I whine a lot. I kid you not I can handle child labor better than a head cold. Ty and I had colds at the same time so I wasn't getting much rest. I had to keep getting up to take care of Ty. After about 4 days I started feeling a little better.

On Friday we went to Cedar to a graduation. I wasn't feeling to good but it wasn't a big deal so I toughed it out. On the way home my eye was really bugging me. I got home to discover I had conjunctivitis too. Well at least 2 of us got good use of the $50 prescription. The next morning I woke up with my eye sealed shut. That was a weird feeling. I don't remember ever having that happen. I will spare you the pictures of my eye. Note: Johnson's baby wash/shampoo cleans yucky eyes really well.

After getting my eye all cleaned up I realized how yucky I was feeling. I had another cold. This time it was a sore throat and a stuffy nose and head. Seriously!? So I have been treating the new cold and now have an ear ache. I cannot believe this. I feel like a toddler or something. I can't remember being sick like this in forever. What 30something gets eye infections, ear aches, and one cold on top of another? Not to mention all the adult female stuff that I have been dealing with during all of this.

Let's just hope in a few more days everyone will be feeling well. Go away sick bugs.

3 comments:

Hopie said...

How weird that this happened AFTER we saw each other and I was shocked you all hadn't got it!!!! BLEACH.... bleach everything. Hot water wash at least the pillow cases and towels every single day. Hopefully everyone is done for good with that garbage.

Kaysie said...

dang. maybe you guys will be done being sick for a while :)

Jennifer said...

OK, so that photo of Ty's eyes ... Um GROSS!! EWW!! YUCK!! I'm so sorry you have been so sick! I don't blame you one bit for whining. I know how you hate colds! Hopefully you'll all kick it soon. And ear aches are the worst!

You all need to come visit me one of these days when you're traveling north! :-)