Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Skirt Refashion

See the long skirt on the left?
I refashioned it....

Into this cute short skirt!
I love it!

This is a closer picture of the detail.

When I start making a project it never really turns out how I envisioned it in the beginning but I usually end up liking the end result so that is good. The ruffle on this skirt was make out of one of my husband's old work shirts. I make A LOT of stuff out of his old shirts. I cut strips from the back side of it and sewed three of them together. Then I gathered and sewed it to the denim. I thought it still needed more so I dug some lace out of the bag-o-tricks, doubled it to look thicker and sewed it on too! I LOVE this skirt now and can't wait to wear it to church with my new shirt that will match perfectly!!!

No comments: